Proud member of FoodBlogs

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chinese Chicken with Pineapple

from 101 Low-Fat Feasts


1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Garlic Clove, minced
4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, diced
8 oz can Pineapple Chunks in natural juice
2 Carrots, cut into thin sticks
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
juice of 1 Lemon
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
3 tbsp light Soy Sauce
bunch of Scallions, trimmed and halved lengthwise
Rice or Noodles to serve

~ Heat oil in wok or frying pan, add garlic and stir then add chicken. Cook, stirring for 10 minutes.
~ Drain pineapple chinks (save the juice). Add them to the pan, along with the carrots. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
~ Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to make 7 fl oz. Mix the cornstarch with the lemon juice, then stir in tomato paste, soy sauce, and diluted pineapple juice. Pour over the chicken and add the scallions. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring. 
~ Serve immediately with rice or noodles

4 comments:

  1. Yummy looking recipe,Jill. Love chicken thighs and agree that breasts are too dry. Will try this one for sure, though I think after Thanksgiving. Will need a break from poultry for awhile. Bet this would be good on a pork tenderloin, what do you think? Come visit my food blog. I'm also active on CookEatShare.com Nanette
    cucinananette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nanette!
    I think Pork tenderloin would be great! I never even thought of that, but I think I'll try that next too and I'll definitely come by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this today with pre-cooked chicken and it was still really tasty. I didn't have scallions so I added a little sriracha hot sauce to give it a *little* zip. I also used the vegetable peeler to make carrot 'noodles' instead of the matchsticks which I thought worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! I didn't have any scallions either, but I didn't think to add sriracha - nice touch! The peeler is a great idea that I'm gonna steal as well! :)
    thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete